Seeing as the sun is out and I’m chilling out before I get ready for work, I thought I would take part in a tag post to start the week!
This is probably the first summer in a long time where the sun has actually been shining and its gorgeous weather, although this being said I can’t wait for autumn!
So without further ado (and the fact I have just over an hour left to chill and write this up!) let’s get on with this tag!
1. What is your go-to product for a sun kissed summer glow? (bronzer, self tanner, etc.)
I won’t lie I don’t use anything like that, purely because I don’t feel the need to. A good natural sun tan does the job for me, but I’ve not done any sunbathing this year as I’ve just been too busy with work and such, but I have caught the sun on days out etc. I think I’m going to start hitting tanning beds again soon as I want a natural tan again.
2. What book would you recommend for a summer read?
Mmm definitely the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella, as well as The Carrie Diaries and Summer and the City by Candace Bushnell. My summer books are definitely going to be ones by John Green as I’ve just bought 4 of his books and I’ve of course read The Fault in Our Stars too.
3. What’s your signature summer scent this year?
This year? Probably Oh Lola by Marc Jacobs or Lady Million by Paco Rabbane. Both are summery scents that just smell gorgeous and bright, as well as strong too, which of course is what I like in a perfume.
4. The sun is shining and it’s time to get outside! What’s your favorite thing to do?
Go on an adventure! Me and my boyfriend like doing this, either discovering somewhere new, or somewhere neither of us have been before and want each other to see. With my friends we often go for some drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic) out and about. I do miss going to the pub during summer evenings but at the same time I’m saving money! 😛
5. You’re on the boardwalk and your stomach is grumbling. What’s your go-to summer beach food?
Haha boardwalks don’t come often in the Midlands! However if I’m in the countryside and near a river or something then fish and chips is definitely my go to food! Cannot go wrong with a cone of chips covered and drowned in salt and vinegar.
6. Sunscreen is always important, but it’s a MUST in summer! What’s your favorite? (Face, body, or both)
Probably one by Nivea that I use on both my face and body. I don’t really apply any SPF face lotions to my face… Because I just don’t really, which isn’t good really. Another I like to use is Palmer’s cocoa body lotion with SPF 15.
7. After a day in the summer sun and heat, what do you do to cool off?
Relax inside either reading a book, watching a movie, playing on my 2DS, or even doing some blog related things (such as writing posts or reading other people’s posts).
8. How do you wear your hair in the summer? (down, ponytail, ombre, dip dye, etc.)
To be honest I always just wear my hair the same, no matter what season. That being my side braid. 🙂 But in the house I wear my hair in a ponytail or even a braided ponytail.
9. Must-have nail polish for summer 2014?
Not sure, I have and love so many! Probably my speckled polishes by Models Own. The shades are gorgeous and perfect for summer, especially as there are five shades to choose from.
10. Sometimes it just feels good to chill out and watch Netflix. What shows/movies do you recommend for summer?
Haha Netflix eh? I don’t use it just to put that out there! I definitely recommend Sex and The City and The Carrie Diaries for summer! They’re great shows to watch, especially in the evenings and during the day if you have your laptop, iPad, etc outside with you. As well as that Jackass is a fun one to watch during the summer too! Movies? Studio Ghibli and Disney is the way to go! Remind yourself of the films you would have watched when you were a kid during your school holidays.
11. Do you wear liquid foundation, BB cream, or tinted moisturizer in the summer?
I don’t no… So I haven’t got much to say on that. xD
12. It’s super bright outside! Do you reach for sunglasses or a hat?
Sunglasses! I take them everywhere with me at the moment, I love my Wayfarers so much.
13. What is your summer jam this year?
Haha summer jam! I’m not sure, probably something Daft Punk, Calvin Harris or Deadmau5 related. I love me some electric sounding music for the summer and I still need to listen to Deadmau5’s latest album too.
14. Do you have a summer bucket list? If so, share some things on the list.
I do but I don’t… I want to go back to Bristol again this summer, just for one day to do a bit of shopping and go to the Bristol Zoo. As well as that I want to go walking some more in the countryside with my boyfriend, go on a mini adventure! There are loads of things I want to do this summer but I guess it’s just going ahead and doing them instead of planning them.
15. Bikini, tankini, or one piece? Show us your fave bathing suit this year!
I don’t have one to show I’m afraid but I usually stick with bikinis, although I would like a one piece as I feel too conscious about my belly these days to even show it off. 😦
16. Summer means heat… and sweat! What’s your favorite sweat proof product this year? (Skincare, makeup, anything!)
My Sure Maximum Protection Deodorant in Sensitive is my definite product all year around, especially in the summer! With this deodorant I don’t sweat, which is great as when I sweat, I REALLY sweat! I’ve also started to use The Body Shop’s sorbet moisturiser which is really helping to keep me cool. I recommend using a gel body lotion instead of a cream one, the same can be said about your skin care too.
17. Summer wouldn’t be complete without a scoop (or two) of ice cream! If you could create your own ice cream flavor, what would it be?
Oh my! I don’t even know to be honest with you. It has been created by a great place in Bristol, but cornflake ice cream. 😀 I would have said bubblegum, but that’s already been made.
So that was the sunkissed summer tag! I know I really enjoyed taking part in this tag!
I nominate everyone in the UK to take a part in this tag, sorry to cut out anyone else but our summer here is so nice for once that I want us all to show off how much we’re enjoying it this year.
If you do have a go at taking part in this tag please let me know so I can read what you put.
For now take care all, I need to head off to work and officially start my week (as well as the last few days of July).
See you soon!