Woohoo a picture I have wanted to use on my blog for ages and now I FINALLY CAN! I also understand this isn’t an amazing picture due to glare on my glasses, but I don’t care. 😛
I was inspired by Charlotte over at Discovering Charlotte to write this post up today. I have never really written a post stating what I talk about on my blog, and what themes and topics often come up.
First of all I am a mixture of a beauty, fashion, and lifestyle blogger, but with a twist.
I don’t wear a full face of make up, only opting for lipstick, and a bit of translucent make up to control my oily t-zone. OH and maybe some nail varnish if I can be bothered.
I wear whatever I want, as I don’t follow trends. I often opt for cute dresses, skirts, and baggy jeans, and hoodies. I wear anything that I feel and look comfortable in. I do the odd look book post, but I do want to do more this year.
Lifestyle is probably what I focus on the most, and I usually talk about what a massive geek I am. I love reading comic books and manga, watching anime, Disney movies, and Marvel movies. Some of my favourite things are Deadpool, Lady and The Tramp, Spirited Away, Bee & PuppyCat, Pokemon, and more. Speaking of which, I am a massive Pokemon nerd. I don’t think I can label anymore geeky things.
Alongside being a nerd, I am sort of obsessed with pretty much everything and anything Japanese related. The culture, the language, the food, everything. So Japan often pops up on my blog.
However as the months go on this year, I wish to add more topics and themes to my blog. I’m talking about 5 here that I really want to do this year!
1. I want to write more list posts. I love reading them, and I’ve found from jotting up rough posts over on Microsoft Word, I really love to write them too. Watch this space for more of these to come.
2. More reviews! At one point in the year I want to do a lipstick review every other day, as I probably don’t have enough to do one every day. 😛
3. Look book posts. I definitely want to write more of these as I used to write them up all the time, but I just never seemed to have time during my time at university, or I dressed like shit and couldn’t be arsed to dress up. Story of my life people.
4. A new category added to what sort of things I write about… But I can’t talk about this right now. It’s all top-secret!
5. I want to finally start doing YouTube videos, vlogs to be precise. These I hope to start in May, maybe in June. I’d do weekly vlogs of me doing my day-to-day stuff. I don’t have a very exciting life, so I’m unsure if I’d do any good at it or not… But we shall see!
I also really want to have a new series to my blog about mental health, and doing mini interviews with fellow bloggers who have various different mental health conditions, from anxiety, depression, BPD, eating disorder, OCD, schizophrenia, etc. You get the idea! I don’t know when I’ll be doing these, but I hope to do them soon. 🙂
Other than that, these are just some of the things I do now, and hope to do more of in the future.
What do you want to read more of on my blog? What kind of blog do you run? Make sure to let me know in the comments!
Until next time all, take care and have a great weekend!