Today is the soppiest day of the year, of course it’s Valentine’s Day and it’s definitely like Marmite… You either love it or you hate it, there is no in between really. Well I say that but I’m one of those in between people… I hate Valentine’s Day for various reasons, but I don’t love it. The only thing I like about it is being able to buy Dane a card and write a soppy as fuck message inside for him. I wasn’t going to this year, but alas on a mini food shop I ended up picking up a card. DAMN!
So instead of a soppy post like some people may be posting today, I decided to write about 14 things I love instead… 14 stands for the date by the way. 😛
- Pokemon – Everyone knows this is one of the things I love and I have done for nearly twenty years now! I love every aspect about it including the games, anime, the figures, etc etc. I could go on about what I love about it. It’s just such an interesting series and is one of the many things that takes me back to my childhood. Mornings spent watching the anime on SM:TV Live, as well as playing the first and second generations on my Game Boy Color during the weekends off school and summer holidays.
- Perfume/fragrance – I love wearing perfume, even though on the rare occasion I won’t be in the mood for it, so I won’t wear it. I wear all sorts of different ones, but some of my favourites to name are Thierry Muglar Alien, Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy, DKNY Red Delicious, Gucci Envy Me and Dior Addict. I’m sure I can think of more than this mind!
- Food – I have always loved food, especially savory food. I would eat bags of crisps over a bar of chocolate any day! I love to eat food, cook food, watch food being cooked, thinking about food, everything you can think of to be honest. I especially love Japanese food, as well as Italian food as well. OH and you can never go wrong with American food as well. One of my favourite things to cook is probably my homemade piri piri fries, just because I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love them.
- Lipstick – As the only make up I wear is lipstick I love them so damn much. I love all sorts of lipsticks of course, especially liquid lipsticks. When I first starting to wear lipstick properly I opted for dark pink shades, which moved onto red, then various pink shades and lately I wear a lot of dark shades such as dark raspberry pink, various purple shades and even a dark purple/navy shade lately. I can only see me going darker too! I can’t stand nude shades or light pink, they don’t suit me at all and look awful on me.
- Holographic – I am a holosexual through and through and it reminds me of growing up as a teenager and wanting all these things… But sadly I wasn’t able to have them. Due to the whole 90’s trend coming back, of course holographic stuff has too. I only really pick up any holographic goodies if I really like the look of the, and I don’t know why but the holographic look just makes me so happy!
- Foxes – These are my favourite animals with dogs and otters coming second and third. I don’t know what it is about them that I love, maybe it’s that they’re ginger… Maybe it’s that they’re cunning… Maybe it’s because they’re fluffy? I don’t know but I think they’re beautiful animals!
- Studio Ghibli – One of my favourite anime film studios and the same place that has made one of my favourite films, Spirited Away. I love how creative and unique the stories and characters are that come out of Studio Ghibli, as well as how beautiful the art style is as well. Me and Dane own all of the Ghibli movies to date and I love watching them throughout the year, but especially with people who have never seen them before. I love seeing people fall in love with them.
- Lady and The Tramp – I do like Disney but there’s only a handful of the films that I really love and fan over. Lady and The Tramp is my favourite Disney film and one I’ll always keep close to my heart. I just remember watching it when I was a little girl and falling in love with Lady, Tramp and the other dogs. Jock is definitely one of my favourites too! The story is just beautiful and at the time was probably a story line seen in romantic movies, so the fact they brought it to a children’s film was so good.
- Goodsmile Company Nendoroid’s – These are little figures based on Japanese anime and manga series, however it has shifted more over to the Western trends such as Disney movie characters (Frozen, Star Wars, Marvel etc) and even some game characters (Animal Crossing, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, etc). Both me and Dane LOVE Nendoroid’s and we are constantly eyeing up new ones to buy… They’re not cheap though so they’re definitely a treat whenever we get any. I need to do a post soon about which ones we’re both lusting after.
- Duvet Days – This is definitely something I love! I don’t get them as much as I used to due to being busy with work, or the house, or other things. BUT saying this I am currently sat up in bed typing up this post, watching The Last Leg. At this moment in time I cannot possibly complain. 😛 I just love duvet days where I can lie in bed for at least 3 hours on my iPhone scrolling through YouTube and Instagram. These make perfect weekend mornings for me.
- Coffee – As a trained barista I love knowing how to make a perfect cup of coffee, but do you know what is even better? Having my own coffee machine to make coffee shop style coffee at home! I LOVE IT! Apart from loving coffee in that way, I also love coffee flavoured things, as well as coffee beans covered in chocolate. I am that weirdo who loves the coffee Revels and Roses. 😛
- Bubble baths – I swear I was a mermaid in a previous life! Before all these trends of “being a mermaid” came around I always joked about this. I LOVE baths and I could spend hours in the bath reading books, scrolling through YouTube and Instagram on my phone, and even doing some writing in my journal. Even as a child and teenager I would sit in the bath for hours on end and just add more hot water whenever I felt chilly. Showers I’m not so arsed about, but baths are just heaven to me! I’ve always had a fascination with water too and I don’t know why to be honest, so much so I’ve written stories about water before and various novels as well.
- My best friend Gabriella – I mentioned her recently on my Galentine’s Day post, which you can read here. I’ve known Gabriella for nearly 10 years now and I tell you it has FLOWN by! But I love her so much, she is like a sister to me and we get on so well. We talk daily and whether we’re feeling great or like shit we’re always there for each other no matter what. We’ve both supported each other the past month about different things and if I’m ever in the shit and need someone and Dane isn’t around, I know she’ll be there for me no matter what. I love her so much. :’)
- Dane – I said Valentine’s Day is soppy but I don’t recall saying there wouldn’t be any on here… 😛 But of course I love Dane. He’s my boyfriend, my best friend, my soul mate and the best person I have ever met. He’s always there for me no matter what and even when I’m a miserable bitch and take stuff out on him, he’s always there to give me a cuddle and be understanding of whatever has happened. I just love him so much, I can’t even describe it. He’s my light in the dark, the apple to my pie and as I’ve started to joke, the stink to my fart. 😛
So those were 14 things I love! I’m sorry this post isn’t anything special but I wanted to do something for today but only worked something out at the last minute. 😛
What 14 things do you love? Please make sure to let me know in the comments down below!
Until next time all, take care and whatever you’re doing today, have a lovely day. ^_^
One thought on “14 Things I Love”
It was awesome to read this post & learn more about you 🙂 We have so much in common and it’s great! Pokemon has been a big love of mine since I was 6 years old, and I remember watching it every morning before going to Primary school on Sky 1. Other than Pokemon, I watched my first anime shows on the channel Toonami and Cartoon Network… Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Tenchi Muyo, Gundam Wing, Digimon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Beyblade.. and of course Yu-Gi-Oh… that was on SM:TV Live right? It was so nostalgic to remember spending my weekends watching those shows 🙂
You always look so fabulous when you’re wearing lipstick! I too prefer the darker purple and pink shades most. I’m trying to work up the courage to wear a blue lipstick! Foxes are so beautiful! Definitely one of my favourite animals. Before I fell in love with reptiles, I always wanted to be a keeper in the canid and fox section of a zoo 🙂 I also adore ginger animals! Most of my bunnies are ginger :3
Of course, you know I also LOVE Studio Ghibli movies 😀 I seriously need to get a coffee machine, my flatmate at uni had one and it always made the loveliest cappuccinos and lattes :3 I’m more of a sweet coffee fan, and I’d love to try more flavours of these.
Sarah | Raiin Monkey