I swear if Sarah over at Raiin-Monkey had a super power it would be to read minds, as she certainly read mine recently! A few days ago she tagged me to take part in the Halloween tag that she’d recently done herself. I wanted to have a go at a Halloween tag again this year, so I thought HELL YEAH I’LL DO THAT! 😛 You can read Sarah’s answers on her post here.
It’s officially Halloween today and although I didn’t go out for Halloween this year, I’m staying in on my own watching some horror movies and giving out sweeties to trick or treaters. Me and Dane have decorated the house this year for the first time and it certainly won’t be the last!
So without further ado let’s get onto the tag questions!
(1) What’s your favourite horror or Halloween-themed song?
If anything probably “Thriller” by Michael Jackson as I just always remember it being on during nights out, as well as on a radio show I used to listen to when I was younger (KERRANG! RADIO’s Tim Shaw’s Asylum was my holy grail growing up!). Can “Dragula” by Rob Zombie count as well? 😛
(2) Name something you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark forest or abandoned building.
The Alien! It’s definitely one of the things that still gives me nightmares to this days. If I ever watch the Alien movies I am guaranteed to not sleep for a week.
(3) Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?
Never and I don’t intend to either… I remember when me and my cousins were younger we discussed the idea but it never happened, thank God.
(4) Favourite horror monster or villain?
Ooo I don’t know really to be honest… I legit have had to Google because I can’t think of any! xD Seth Brundle from The Fly came up on a list I found and he’s not my favourite, but he’s one of the creepiest for sure. Jigsaw from the Saw films is always a good choice too! I didn’t really class it as a horror (but some people do) but Annie Wilkes from Misery would probably be my favourite to be honest!
(5) What’s the creepiest thing that’s ever happened while you were alone?
Years ago not long after my aunt died and before her funeral our house didn’t feel quite right. It was freezing cold whatever room I was in, doors were creaking open and slamming shut on their own and something just felt off. It was after the funeral that all these things stopped and it wasn’t as cold in each room anymore. I’m sure it’s nothing to do with ghosts etc, but it was definitely odd at the time.
(6) If you were dared to spend the night in a ‘haunted house’, would you do it?
Fuck no! I like my sleep. 😛
(7) Are you superstitious?
I am sometimes, it depends really. I believe that bad things come in threes, I don’t cross people on stairs (in a house mainly), groups of black crows make me think about death being on the way and so many more things I could think of!
(8) Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?
I probably have when I’ve felt anxious or paranoid but otherwise not really…
(9) Which urban legend scares you the most?
I don’t really have any in all honesty… At least none I can think of anyway. If anything has ever creeped me out it’s probably been like creepy shit Dane has told me he’s read about on Reddit.
(10) Do you prefer gore or thrillers?
Thrillers usually to be honest. Gore is good, but I love a good thrill. 😉
(11) Do you believe in multiple dimensions or worlds?
Not really to be honest… I like to just focus on one dimension and world at a time. 😛
(12) Ever made a potion of any sort?
No, although I remember looking at the articles in Mizz magazine as a teenager and remembering all the jokey sort of potions you could do! I remember trying one where you would pull a hair from your head, write the name down of the boy you wanted to have fall in love with you, put them both in an envelope and say some words on it and it would “come true”… NAHHHH IT NEVER CAME TRUE!
(13) Do you get scared easily?
Oh God yes! I have anxiety so I get uptight, worried and scared over silly little things.
(14) Have you ever played Bloody Mary?
Never… What is it? *Googles* NAHHHH NOT DOING THAT! xD
(15) Do you believe in demons/the devil?
I don’t know to be honest… I don’t think I do really.
(16) You’re home alone but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do?
Scream and probably die of a heart attack. 😛 Nah I joke! I’d probably freeze wherever I am in the house, listen a little more and then maybe go and check it out… Probably stop off at the kitchen on the way and grab the biggest knife I own. 😛
(17) If you got trapped in one scary movie, which would you choose?
Erm I’m not sure… I said Saw but no way would I want to be in that franchise! xD I’d want to be in Scary Movie because it’s all jokes. 😛
(18) If you could only wear one Halloween costume for the rest of your life, what would you be?
Definitely Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange! It’s by far been my favourite Halloween costume of all time! 😛
(19) Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?
No and not because I’d be frightened as to what could happen, but more because that’s just gothic and creepy! 😛
(20) In a zombie apocalypse, what is your weapon of choice?
I was going to say a baseball bat, but I don’t have one of those to hand… So I’d probably grab one of our bass guitars or my camera tripod.
(21) Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?
Definitely a Halloween party! I only ever went trick or treating once as a kid and I hated it to be honest, purely for the fact I felt like I was being so cheeky asking for sweets from a stranger. If me and Dane ever have a kid/children I’d want to hold an awesome Halloween party for them and their friends and hold a competition for the best costume etc. I love Halloween!
(22) You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer?
Ooo I love villains so I’d definitely want to be the killer! 😛
(23) Do you have to watch something happy after watching a horror movie so you can go to sleep?
Not really, unless it’s an Alien movie. Then I need to watch puppy videos… Lots of puppy videos! 😛
(24) Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep?
Oh I am for sure the one who yells at the characters! Watching the last couple of episodes of Stranger Things season 2 I just kept screaming at the characters! It was making Dane laugh loads. 😛
(25) Are you the one who gets scared, or the one who does the scaring?
I’m more so the one who gets scared, but depending on the situation I can do the scaring too. 😛
(26) Favourite scary book?
I can’t say I’ve ever read a scary book…
(27) How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?
HA! I was 6 years old funnily enough. I remember waking up due to noise downstairs so ventured down to see what was happening. My parents had the original Alien film on and my mom said, “come sit and watch this, it’s ever so funny!” and thinking it would be I sat, watched and waited for the funny moment to come on. She was referring to the chest bursting scene, which scared the crap out of me! I didn’t sleep for a week and since then whenever I watch Alien movies I don’t sleep properly and get night terrors. My mom scarred me! 😛
(28) What was your first Halloween costume?
Probably a bat, I loved them growing up. 😛
(29) What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
A disgusting late twenties mess of a coach potato. 😛
(30) If you could have a spooky Halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?
Oh my if I could have a wolf I would love it! A bat would also be amazing to be honest. I’d feel like some sort of evil villain with those two by my side. 😛
So that’s the Halloween tag! I have to be honest I really enjoyed doing this one as there were loads of questions that I’ve never answered before!
A massive thank you to Sarah for tagging me to take part in the tag, I really needed to do something like this to give me that nudge to do work on my blog. My mental health hasn’t been too great the past week so it’s been lovely to have this as a way to encourage me slowly back into writing on here.
I tag everyone who reads this tag post to have a go yourself.
Until next time, take care all and have a spooky Halloween!