This is sort of a random blog post to write and have up on my blog this evening, BUT yesterday sparked some inspiration for me and I thought it would end up being an awesome post to do.
Two of our friends may be moving by me and Dane in the future and when we saw them yesterday it was just so exciting talking about all the things we could do if we become neighbours. I thought it would be interesting to talk about all the things we came up with here! I mean, it’s not everyday you get the chance to get new neighbours who are also some of your closest and best friends. 😛
1. You will always have someone close by who you know and trust, which is always a lovely feeling. I mean if I run out of milk or eggs I know where I can go to “borrow” some. 😛
2. If you want to go to each others homes for drinks and games evenings you won’t have to worry about being the designated driver, staying over until a certain time or sleeping over. You could just head over whenever and stumble back home as and when you’re ready!
3. You can go for runs together in the local park! Or even go on Pokemon GO gaming days together, especially with spring and summer coming.
4. If you want to go on holiday but worry about leaving the house, you’ll have your lovely friends nearby to keep their eye on the house for you. You could even leave a spare key with them in case you’re halfway through the holiday and realise you’ve left the heating on and it needs to come off to save some monies.
5. You can have cinema nights together at home, cook dinner for one another or even a takeaway.
6. This year we all said how we wanted to start having game evenings once a month, but living near one another we could even do a games evening once a week, maybe once a fortnight. It would be so much fun and like I said before, if you wanted to have some drinks you wouldn’t have to worry about driving home. You’d only have to walk back to your own bed. 😛
7. Evenings in the local are always an option, especially as the summer is upon us and all you need to do is drop a text saying, “Hey wanna walk to the pub later?”
8. Like the holiday one, if you have any pets and want to go on holiday you won’t have to worry about putting it into a pet board or having family look after your pets. Your friends may even be more than happy to look after your pet(s) for a while! I know me and Dane would if our friends owned a dog. 😛
9. In the summer if the weather is gorgeous and you want a BBQ, you can always ask your friends if they want one too and one of you could host a BBQ and games evening, or maybe a film or new TV show you both want to binge watch.
10. Last point being, your friends live right by you and it’s awesome quite frankly! You have so much stuff you could do and yeahhhh you won’t want to hang out with them constantly, but to chill out with them and just have the pleasure of knowing they’re not far away is awesome. I hope it happens quite honestly!
I know this was a really random post and it’s probably crap too, but as I said I had a spur of inspiration to write it and thought if I didn’t I’d regret it!
Would you love to have your friends as neighbours? If so what would you do together? Make sure to let me know in the comments!
Until next time, take care all and I hope you’ve had a lovely weekend.