Today is the soppiest day of the year, of course it’s Valentine’s Day and it’s definitely like Marmite… You either love it or you hate it, there is no in between really. Well I say that but I’m one of those in between people… I hate Valentine’s Day for various reasons, but I don’t love it. The only thing I like about it is being able to buy Dane a card and write a soppy as fuck message inside for him. I wasn’t going to this year, but alas on a mini food shop I ended up picking up a card. DAMN!
So instead of a soppy post like some people may be posting today, I decided to write about 14 things I love instead… 14 stands for the date by the way. 😛
- Pokemon – Everyone knows this is one of the things I love and I have done for nearly twenty years now! I love every aspect about it including the games, anime, the figures, etc etc. I could go on about what I love about it. It’s just such an interesting series and is one of the many things that takes me back to my childhood. Mornings spent watching the anime on SM:TV Live, as well as playing the first and second generations on my Game Boy Color during the weekends off school and summer holidays.
- Perfume/fragrance – I love wearing perfume, even though on the rare occasion I won’t be in the mood for it, so I won’t wear it. I wear all sorts of different ones, but some of my favourites to name are Thierry Muglar Alien, Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy, DKNY Red Delicious, Gucci Envy Me and Dior Addict. I’m sure I can think of more than this mind!
- Food – I have always loved food, especially savory food. I would eat bags of crisps over a bar of chocolate any day! I love to eat food, cook food, watch food being cooked, thinking about food, everything you can think of to be honest. I especially love Japanese food, as well as Italian food as well. OH and you can never go wrong with American food as well. One of my favourite things to cook is probably my homemade piri piri fries, just because I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love them.
- Lipstick – As the only make up I wear is lipstick I love them so damn much. I love all sorts of lipsticks of course, especially liquid lipsticks. When I first starting to wear lipstick properly I opted for dark pink shades, which moved onto red, then various pink shades and lately I wear a lot of dark shades such as dark raspberry pink, various purple shades and even a dark purple/navy shade lately. I can only see me going darker too! I can’t stand nude shades or light pink, they don’t suit me at all and look awful on me.
- Holographic – I am a holosexual through and through and it reminds me of growing up as a teenager and wanting all these things… But sadly I wasn’t able to have them. Due to the whole 90’s trend coming back, of course holographic stuff has too. I only really pick up any holographic goodies if I really like the look of the, and I don’t know why but the holographic look just makes me so happy!
- Foxes – These are my favourite animals with dogs and otters coming second and third. I don’t know what it is about them that I love, maybe it’s that they’re ginger… Maybe it’s that they’re cunning… Maybe it’s because they’re fluffy? I don’t know but I think they’re beautiful animals!
- Studio Ghibli – One of my favourite anime film studios and the same place that has made one of my favourite films, Spirited Away. I love how creative and unique the stories and characters are that come out of Studio Ghibli, as well as how beautiful the art style is as well. Me and Dane own all of the Ghibli movies to date and I love watching them throughout the year, but especially with people who have never seen them before. I love seeing people fall in love with them.
- Lady and The Tramp – I do like Disney but there’s only a handful of the films that I really love and fan over. Lady and The Tramp is my favourite Disney film and one I’ll always keep close to my heart. I just remember watching it when I was a little girl and falling in love with Lady, Tramp and the other dogs. Jock is definitely one of my favourites too! The story is just beautiful and at the time was probably a story line seen in romantic movies, so the fact they brought it to a children’s film was so good.
- Goodsmile Company Nendoroid’s – These are little figures based on Japanese anime and manga series, however it has shifted more over to the Western trends such as Disney movie characters (Frozen, Star Wars, Marvel etc) and even some game characters (Animal Crossing, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, etc). Both me and Dane LOVE Nendoroid’s and we are constantly eyeing up new ones to buy… They’re not cheap though so they’re definitely a treat whenever we get any. I need to do a post soon about which ones we’re both lusting after.
- Duvet Days – This is definitely something I love! I don’t get them as much as I used to due to being busy with work, or the house, or other things. BUT saying this I am currently sat up in bed typing up this post, watching The Last Leg. At this moment in time I cannot possibly complain. 😛 I just love duvet days where I can lie in bed for at least 3 hours on my iPhone scrolling through YouTube and Instagram. These make perfect weekend mornings for me.
- Coffee – As a trained barista I love knowing how to make a perfect cup of coffee, but do you know what is even better? Having my own coffee machine to make coffee shop style coffee at home! I LOVE IT! Apart from loving coffee in that way, I also love coffee flavoured things, as well as coffee beans covered in chocolate. I am that weirdo who loves the coffee Revels and Roses. 😛
- Bubble baths – I swear I was a mermaid in a previous life! Before all these trends of “being a mermaid” came around I always joked about this. I LOVE baths and I could spend hours in the bath reading books, scrolling through YouTube and Instagram on my phone, and even doing some writing in my journal. Even as a child and teenager I would sit in the bath for hours on end and just add more hot water whenever I felt chilly. Showers I’m not so arsed about, but baths are just heaven to me! I’ve always had a fascination with water too and I don’t know why to be honest, so much so I’ve written stories about water before and various novels as well.
- My best friend Gabriella – I mentioned her recently on my Galentine’s Day post, which you can read here. I’ve known Gabriella for nearly 10 years now and I tell you it has FLOWN by! But I love her so much, she is like a sister to me and we get on so well. We talk daily and whether we’re feeling great or like shit we’re always there for each other no matter what. We’ve both supported each other the past month about different things and if I’m ever in the shit and need someone and Dane isn’t around, I know she’ll be there for me no matter what. I love her so much. :’)
- Dane – I said Valentine’s Day is soppy but I don’t recall saying there wouldn’t be any on here… 😛 But of course I love Dane. He’s my boyfriend, my best friend, my soul mate and the best person I have ever met. He’s always there for me no matter what and even when I’m a miserable bitch and take stuff out on him, he’s always there to give me a cuddle and be understanding of whatever has happened. I just love him so much, I can’t even describe it. He’s my light in the dark, the apple to my pie and as I’ve started to joke, the stink to my fart. 😛
So those were 14 things I love! I’m sorry this post isn’t anything special but I wanted to do something for today but only worked something out at the last minute. 😛
What 14 things do you love? Please make sure to let me know in the comments down below!
Until next time all, take care and whatever you’re doing today, have a lovely day. ^_^
I love a good tag post. I find it helps readers get to know the writer of a blog a lot better than most posts will. I recently found this one on Tarnya’s blog sweetallure and I thought it would be nice to give it a go myself! I’m currently lying in bed on my day off, working on my blog, and relaxing. I have YouTube on to keep me company, my Red Raspberry Yankee Candle burning, and a hot cup of Ribena. So I’m prepared!
The tagged person must share a total of 20 things; 10 things they love, and 10 things they hate.
They must nominate 10 bloggers to complete the tag.
10 Things that I Love:
- Bubble baths. No matter what time of the year or whatever time of day I love bubble baths. They’re warm and comforting, and great if you want to relax and pamper yourself. I mostly use Lush bath bombs and bubble bars in my baths but sometimes I like to change it up and use The Body Shop products, and sometimes just supermarket and drugstore brands. I’ve always loved baths, ever since I was a little girl. I once spent two hours in the bath just playing and being in a world of my own. I don’t do that anymore, but that just goes to show how much I’ve loved them from a young age.
- Food. I love food. Seriously if I love anything more it is definitely eating. Bacon, melted cheese, pizza, chicken, ham sandwiches, Marmite on toast, maple and bacon sausages, Yorkshire pudding, Japanese food, oh you name it and I’ll probably love it. As I’ve already said I especially love Japanese food and I love Yo! Sushi for it’s buffet style Japanese cuisine. Katsu curry is my favourite, followed by chicken ramen.
- Beatrix Potter. If there has always been one thing I have loved since I was a young age, it has been Beatrix Potter and all the wonderful stories she has written. My favourite is probably The Tale of Johnny Town-Mouse, due to the whole town versus country theme. Of course, my favourite is the country and I can totally relate to Timmy Willie. I recently visited The World of Beatrix Potter in the Lake District and it was amazing! I would love to go again, and I’m sure I will if me and my boyfriend are that way in the future
- Duvet days. Seriously who doesn’t love them? I just love staying in bed all snuggled up with something to watch on my iPad, or a game to play. Can’t beat it
- Gaming. I’m a nerd, so I love playing games, whether they be console, hand held, or even online games. I’ll play them! I’ve recently 100% completed South Park: The Stick of Truth and I’m currently lusting after Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
- Anything salted caramel flavoured. I love salted caramel, I know a lot of people do but I loved it before the hype! I know a lot of people who also hate salted caramel due to the thought of it tasting salty, but I really love that. One of my friends bought me some salted caramel chocolates from Thornton’s and they were amazing! I would love some more. I recently picked up a salted caramel hot chocolate powder from Whittard and it is delicious
- Pole dancing. My fitness is pole dancing. I used to do it years ago for about a year but had to give up for personal reasons. But since June I have started again and I’m so pleased that I have! I feel fitter for doing it, and it’s just fun to get out of the house and go and have fun doing that for an hour with some of the girls in class. I hope in the near future that I can start going twice a week, and buy my own pole to practice on at home.
- Photography. Although I am far from being professional, I love taking pictures especially of animals and nature. I’ve owned my Nikon digital SLR for three years now and it is my pride and joy. I love going to animal parks, and fun places so I can take plenty of pictures.
- Foxes. My close friends and family know how much I love foxes and I have a small collection of fox related items in my room now. My mom recently bought me some fox vanilla room air fresheners from Avon, and they are incredibly cute! She’s already seen an umbrella, a draft excluder, and a huge foot slipper that she’s craving to buy for me. I love my mom too! 😛
- Nendoroid figures. Gorgeous and kawaii Japanese figures by Good Smile Company and ones me and my boyfriend collect like crazy, and have done so since Christmas 2014. I bought him his first one for Christmas, which was Mikasa from Attack on Titan, and he bought me my first one for my birthday at the start of the year, which was one of the characters from Penguindrum. Including that one I have two, but my boyfriend has a whopping eight figures and his collection is STILL growing!
10 Things that I Hate:
- Rude people. If there is one thing I cannot stand it’s people who are rude for no reason. Hey, if I’ve been rude to you then fair play. But if I’m just being nice and casual, then you have no reason to be that way with me. Due to my experience in customer service, I hate seeing fellow customers be rude to the staff when out and about. I just want to tell them to stop.
- Animal abuse. I don’t think I need to explain why. I just hate seeing it on TV shows, and reading about it. People who abuse animals are appalling and disgraceful human beings.
- Crap coffee. I love coffee, so when I buy a coffee whilst out and I’m excited to drink it for it to taste awful I feel really sad. Once someone made me a coffee and the coffee machine clearly wasn’t set right, so the coffee was too coarse. I mentioned it to the member of staff and they sorted it for me. The coffee they made me as a replacement was beautiful! I hate coffee like Mellowbirds though. That’s not coffee, that’s just wrong.
- Bad drivers. Urgh. Just URGH! I like to think I’m a really good driver, so when someone is a bad driver near me I hate it so much. Little things like not signalling annoys me, and speeding unnecessarily too. It always happens when there isn’t a Police car around.
- Fake duplicate items from China. As a Nendoroid figure collector, me and my boyfriend have been victims to buying fake figures. Well, once. Since then we’ve been really careful and researched as much as possible before buying. There were loads of fakes flying around Hyper Japan and it annoyed us. There are also loads of fakes around eBay, but if you know how to shop for the figures, then you can avoid getting fakes. But I just hate it. People charge hundreds for fakes and a lot get away with it.
- Food. I love food, yes, but I also hate food. I have a lot of food phobias, and due to some of my allergies I’m also allergic to a lot of fruit. It sucks when it comes to bananas as I love the smell, and I used to love the taste but I can’t eat them due to my allergy. My mouth swells and feels like it’s on fire, which sucks. So I have to avoid banana unless it’s artificial. With my phobias I can’t eat some foods due to texture, or sometimes even smell and look. It’s horrible and it can restrain me from eating a lot, but I hope over the years I can get better, especially when I have my own children.
- Selfish people. I’ve dealt with my fair share of selfish people over the years, and only recently got away from them, which I’m happy about. Selfish in the sense you do favours for them, and never get any back. Selfish that you have to do what they want to do, and forget whatever you want to do. Selfish that you’ll help them in dark times, but they won’t help you. I just HATE selfish people and they can all go away!
- People who walk their dogs without a lead. There is nothing worse than this. I’ve heard of dogs, cats, and other animals being attacked for no reason by dogs that don’t have a lead on. One of my friends cats recently had to be put to sleep after being badly injured of an attack from a dog that wasn’t on a lead. The only time dogs should be let off a lead is when in a dog friendly park. I’ll never ever do this with my own dogs, it’s just not worth the risk.
- Bullies. If there is one thing I hate in this world, it’s a bully. I was bullied terribly throughout school, college, and even at times in university. I don’t know if I just have that face and personality, but I was bullied and over stupid things. It sucked, it depressed me, and I skipped school because of it. Now I’m older if I see anyone going through what I went through and I feel the time is right, I open my mouth. No one did for me, so I will for others.
- Fake glasses. As someone who needs to wear glasses I still get annoyed when people wear those cheap, fake glasses from Claire’s to look “hipster” and “cool”. No. It really isn’t cool having to wear glasses. It’s expensive, it sucks needing to wear glasses because you can’t see without them, and it also sucked being bullied for being a “four eyes” at school when it wasn’t even your fault!
ALL OF MY READERS AND FOLLOWERS!
I would love to see what 10 things you love and hate!
So that’s the love/hate tag! Did you like finding out what I love and hate? If so what did you like finding out about? Do you agree with them, and what do you love and hate? Make sure to let me know in the comments, or over on Twitter @maybeecoffee.
Until next time all, take care and I hope everyone’s weeks are going well so far!