You’re probably wondering what Galentine’s Day is… Well I wondered the same thing myself recently when Eventbrite introduced me to the idea. I loved the idea and jumped at the chance!
Galentine’s Day is the day before Valentine’s Day and is a day to celebrate your best friends. I know what you’re thinking, another day, another “special” day for it. BUT I actually really like this idea as whilst Valentine’s Day to me is an excuse for shops to make money and couples to be even more sickly and soppy than they probably usually are this is a nice day to celebrate your best friends.
When Eventbrite told me about what the day means I instantly thought about my best friend Gabriella and all the things we could do together on Galentine’s Day.
With a week to go until Galentine’s Day I decided to come up with a list of things that me and Gabriella do on our days together and what you could do with your besties on Galentine’s Day too!
First of all I’ll write what we would do if we go out.
- As we live an hour’s journey away from one another it’s always good to have a long catch up over a cup of coffee… As well as a bitch. We love bitching. 😛
- Depending where we go will depend where we go for coffee, but our coffee place of choice is always Starbucks! You can’t go wrong with a lovely Starbucks coffee.
- If there’s any around we’ll always go into a geeky shop or two. Wolverhampton is one of our shopping places of choice and Forbidden Planet there is amazing! It’s not the tidiest Forbidden Planet in the world but you’ll always find some goodies in there. It’s like a jumble sale full of exciting things.
- We always have a nose in Primark for any snug jumpers, or t-shirts we can pick up. In the past we’ve bought matching jumpers that resemble one that John Watson would wear in Sherlock. We’ve also bought matching pajamas, because why not, you can never go wrong with Primark pajamas!
- We don’t just go and look around geeky shops though, we do also look in shops with Yankee Candles as we love them! Gabriella’s favourite is Season Of Peace, a Christmas scent and mine is Sweet Strawberry. We both dislike cinnamon scents, they give me massive headaches and I’m sure they do the same thing for Gabriella.
- Talking about joint loves is always a must and lately we’ve both been talking about Yuri On Ice, a new anime to come out of Japan. I’ll pop a trailer about it above so you can see what it’s about for yourself.
- Sometimes we’ll go for food at Nando’s, which is a habit we have tended to keep doing when we go shopping in Wolverhampton. Can never go wrong with a “cheeky Nando’s”… Eww did I really just say that???
- Something I love about going out shopping with Gabriella is when we head back to mine or hers. Depending if we have food out or not will depend on food wise when we get in…
So the best thing to do on a girly day out is go shopping in both of your favourite shops, maybe buy yourselves a matching treat to remember the day! Keyrings are good, as well as clothing. As I said me and Gabriella have bought matching jumpers and pajamas before.
Going for hot drinks is always a good thing if you want to have a long catch up, or a break from shopping. If it’s chilly outside it’s always great for having hot drinks! Although in the warmer months you may just want to drink colder drinks… Starbucks cold coffee and Frappuccino’s are the best for this!
Then finishing the day off with a meal is always a nice way to rest after lots of shopping and gossip! Nando’s is one of our favourites.
However not everyone wants to go out for the day. Maybe the weather is rotten and you want to stay in? Well this is how we would have the perfect Galentine’s Day girly evening!
- If we don’t fancy going out we stay in and watch films and TV shows, play games, chill out and eat and cook yummy food.
- In the past we’ve had a marathon of our favourite actor’s movies (two in particular are Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy) as well as some of our favourite series, such as Sherlock and Lord of The Rings. We are yet to marathon The Hobbit trilogy.
- We don’t just watch films and TV shows though, we also play games as well… Or we watch Dane play games and talk about whatever is on the screen. We’ve played the Lego games in the past… But we do mostly just watch Dane.
- Whilst we do all the above things we have to have snacks and drinks! Some of our snacks of choice are Pringles, chocolate, soft drinks and of course coffee! We love coffee so much!
- We also cook yummy food whenever we stay in and depending on our mood depends on what we cook. We’ve cooked pizza before but my favourite is Gabriella’s macaroni cheese recipe, which she recently showed me so I can make it from scratch at home. It’s the best macaroni cheese I’ve ever had and sadly I don’t make it as good as she does.
- Of course we get into our comfiest clothes or pajamas and settle down for the evening. Sometimes I’ll light a candle but I always have a candle on in the house. Lately I’ve been burning salted caramel and mint chocolate scented candles.
Sadly I won’t be able to see Gabriella on Monday so we made up for that by going out yesterday instead. We went to Trentham Gardens and walked around admiring all the dogs that people had taken with them. We of course had a look around the shops, grabbed something to eat for lunch, drank coffee and chilled out. It was lovely and I had an awesome day. This is where I’ve taken all the pictures for today’s post!
Hopefully I’ll be able to have a proper girly day together with her soon. I’m so damn proud of Gabriella this past year as she has worked so hard for what she has right now and I knew everything would work out for her in the end. I am proud to call her my bestie. :’)
What would be your ideal Galentine’s Day? If you’ve got a lot of best friends and people to keep track of, whether it’s Galentine’s Day OR Valentine’s Day you could always set up your Galentine’s Day event and track registrations online. Make sure to let me know your Galentine’s Day plans in the comments down below!
Until next time take care all and I hope you had a lovely weekend.