Image taken from weheartit.com
Good morning, I hope you are all well! It is the start of a new week, and I can’t believe how quick May is going by already. Towards the end of April I was tagged by my wonderful friend and fellow blogger Kirsty over at Cosmetics Beauty Rainbow to take part in the beauty blogger tag. I felt loved, and it’s only now am I getting around to giving this tag a go myself!
Image taken from weheartit.com
1. What is your signature makeup style?
Well considering I only wear lipstick… A strong bold lip colour is always my signature look. Everyone always comments about how I wear dark shades like my reds, dark pinks, and purples. Can never say no to a Marilyn Monroe red shade, or a hot pink. My favourite lipstick brand to rock are Jeffree Star Cosmetics and MAC Cosmetics.
2. Have you ever made an embarrassing beauty blunder? And what was it?
Probably back in the day when I wore thick black eyeliner and eyeshadow! I was a total emo kid, and I thought it looked amazing. What annoys me is that I got bullied for my “panda eyes” and when I stopped wearing it, everyone started to rock it again! GRR! The same happened when I was in my early teens, I would wear blue lipstick and everyone picked on me. Now what is everyone wearing??? POINT PROVEN!
3. What is your favourite makeup brand?
MAC Cosmetics and Benefit for “high-end”.
Bourjois and NYX for “high street”.
Jeffree Star Cosmetics for “indie”.
4. When did you start wearing makeup?
When I was fourteen/fifteen I really started to experiment with make up. I rocked dark green, red, black, dark purple, and blue denim coloured eyeshadows with thick eyeliner. I didn’t wear much when it came to lip products… Probably a clear lip gloss.
5. Why did you start wearing makeup?
I think it was mostly based on what I would have seen in magazines, or on singers/celebrities. Avril Lavigne and Green Day were big inspirations on my make up when I was a teenager… Oh dear I was just an emo kid. 😛
6. Are you more high-end or high street (drugstore) when it comes to beauty products?
I’m a bit of both to be honest… I probably own more high-end than high street. A lot of my high street stuff I buy and then think, “meh I could have paid a little more for something better.” It depends though. I definitely prefer high end though to be honest.
7. Who’s your makeup icon?
I don’t have one to be honest. I am my own makeup icon. 😉
8. How do your prep beauty wise for a first date?
I used to just put on a bit of primer, translucent finishing powder, and usually Rebel lipstick by MAC as it was my favourite when it came to dating. However, on my second date with Dane I wore zero make up, because that is me. I don’t wear make up, so why do myself up all the time?
9. Is there a certain perfume you wear that brings back a memory?
Angel by Thierry Muglar. It reminds me of my childhood. I remember when my mom first bought this and I loved the smell of it. It reminded me of her and holidays. She bought me a bottle of my own when I was a teenager and since then I have bought my own bottle and had it refilled once. I don’t actually wear this as much as I used to, but I still adore it. It’s one of my favourite scents. The same can be said for Alien by Thierry Muglar too, which reminds me of Dane. I wore it on our first date together and he commented saying how lovely I smelt. I wear it for every anniversary we’ve had so far together too. He always says how it remembers it from our first date and that really makes me smile. 🙂
10. Whats the best bit of beauty advise you got and who gave you it?
Probably everything my mom has ever told me! Never to pluck my eyebrows is my main one. I have big, thick full eyebrows and everyone teased me for it when I was growing up. Now people are jealous because they don’t have any. 😛
Image taken from weheartit.com
Now here are the questions that Kirsty came up with for us to answer! 😀
1. If you had to choose one product you couldn’t live without for the rest of your life what would it be?
Definitely lip balm. I love having soft lips and even if I couldn’t have a lipstick to wear I would still want a nice tinted lip balm of course. My Korres Lip Butter to be precise.
2. What is your favourite “go to” blush product?
I don’t wear blush… :’)
3. Do you follow a specific skincare routine either day/ night or both and what products do you use?
I follow a really specific skincare routine most days. I wash my face, apply toner, eye gel, moisturiser, primer, translucent powder, clear brow gel, lip balm, and a lipstick or gloss. 🙂
4. What do you think of the current liquid lipstick trend?
I FUCKING LOVE IT! I am definitely a liquid lipstick addict. 😛
5. Have you discovered any new/ different beauty brands recently?
I’ve recently purchased my first NYX goodies! Two lip glosses to be exact and I love them so much. I want to buy more. WAH! 😛
6. How do you apply your base products, do you prefer to use your fingers, beauty blender, brush or another applicator?
I apply my primer with my fingers. I don’t see the point in using a brush. I do of course use a powder brush to apply my translucent powder.
7. What is your favourite eyeshadow palette, past or present?
I don’t use eyeshadow anymore sadly. I never owned one either when I did wear eye make up. My favourite eyeshadows were by MAC Cosmetics, and Barry M. One palette I wanted for years was the Aquataenia by Lime Crime… But let’s not discuss Lime Crime here… 😛
8. Do you have a nostalgic beauty product that you would always use in your younger years?
Miss Sporty clear mascara, which I still use to this day on my eyebrows!
9. Your favourite high-end product?
MAC Cosmetics lipstick, specifically the shade Rebel.
10. What is your favourite eyeliner product and do you have any tips to achieving the perfect winged liner?
I don’t wear eyeliner, but one of the best I tried was by Collection 2000. 🙂 I don’t have any tips either I’m afraid… Sorry.
So that was the beauty blogger tag! I’m so pleased that Kirsty tagged me into this as I haven’t been tagged for quite a long time, and due to that I feel loved. ^_^
I tag everyone who reads this to give it a go! I won’t make up any of my own questions as I’m crap at stuff like that. 😛
Make sure to let me know in the comments down below if you give it a go yourselves.
Until next time, take care all and have a lovely week.